About the CancerHelp Institute
We've been helping patients, caregivers, and health professionals for over 20 years with our cancer patient education touchscreen programs. Our interactive software is updated monthly with a wealth of information from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) See our "Content" section to learn more.
We work closely with our subscribing cancer centers, infusion rooms, outpatient chemotherapy and radiation therapy centers. By providing easy-to-use learning tools for their patients it lets health educators, doctors, and nurses know that patients are accessing the most up-to-date information from the most trusted source, the National Cancer Institute.
Below are several of the Cancer Centers, Teaching Hospitals and NCI Comprehensive Designated Cancer Centers that are CancerHelp subscribers:
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) - University of Texas
- Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (Boston, MA)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- USC Norris Cancer Center (Los Angeles, CA) - University of Southern California
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (Seattle, WA) _ University of Washington/Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Huntsman Cancer Institute (Salt Lake City, UT)
- The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (New Brunswick, NJ) - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center (Indianapolis, IN)
- Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute (Detroit MI) - Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (Nashville, TN) - Vanderbilt University
We have 13 CancerHelp Touchscreen Learning systems with the Kaiser Permanente Cancer Program, one of the largest health providers in California in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego. CancerHelp is located in Kaiser's Los Angeles Medical Center's Radiation Oncology department, Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Breast Center, and Ambulatory Surgery. Our newest Kaiser subscriber is in San Diego, which has 2 locations with our new CancerHelp Learning Cart for chemotherapy infusion rooms.
We are also currently research co-investigators on 2 National Institute of Health and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) outcomes research of patients using our touchscreen program with the Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, IL.